Thursday, April 17, 2014

ric#58 - Trina Turk

Hello!  In case you missed it, our winners from the last challenge were announced on Tuesday.

I am SO excited about today's challenge.  We have joined forces with another challenge - CAS(E) this Sketch!  In case you don't know- it is a challenge blog run by Chrissy Larson, and each week they provide a sketch for you to use when making your creation!

Today you will be provided with an runway look AND a sketch to use as inspiration!  You may link to BOTH challenges, and that will essentially double your chances of earning recognition.   Sounds like fun, right?!?  You will have 2 weeks to add your entries.  We cannot wait to see what you make :)

--------------------------------------------------------------


We have an incredible guest joining for today's challenge.  She has a clean and sweet card making style and frequently enters many different card challenges! I knew she would be the perfect guest today, so I'm happy to introduce you to...

Deepti Malik!





Hello!! I am Deepti and I live with my husband Vikas in Cleveland, Ohio. I love being creative. With sketching and painting being my hobby since childhood, I now find solace in card making. Paper crafting is a newly acquired passion and it all started with making a few cards for the new year of 2013 and I have been hooked ever since. My card making style is CAS and mostly my cards will depict a thought/ feeling. You will often find hand drawn elements in my cards. I have come a long way and learnt at every step. All thanks to my dear husband who has supported me in embracing this new hobby. Besides, being a creative outlet, card making has introduced me to a lot of amazing n talented people like you, who I can proudly call as my friends. I hope I can inspire you :) you can find me at Dee's Art Utopia !!
--------------------------------------------------------------



Guest Designer - Deepti Malik


Virginia (Yes, Virginia...)


©Candles in the Garden. RIC58. Translucent embossing paste through stencilled background with inlaid die-cut hearts.


Taheerah - *Fill Your Paper With The Breathings of Your {Heart}*


Tasnim Ahmed - Cards & Bookmarks


Pamela Ho - miao 
Hello


Joni Andaya - Papell with Love


Aga - Just Made From Paper
thanks


Kristen - Kristen Foreman Designs






The design team will select 3 runners-up (the Fabulous Fashionistas) and one winner (the Queen of Couture) after the challenge closes. They will be posted here on the blog at the start of the next challenge, as well as on our Winners Page. The Queen of Couture will receive an awesome prize!




A $25 Gift Card to Ellen Hutson!






~You must create a new project for each challenge

~Please include a link back to the Runway Inspired Challenge in your post

~When uploading your project, make sure to link to your entry post, not your entire blog

~When submitting to our challenge, you may combine with only 3 other challenges

~You may enter as many times as you wish!

~If it is not obvious how you were inspired by the runway outfit, please explain it in your post. We don't want to overlook anything!



Your projects for this challenge are due by Thursday, May 1st at 11:59pm ET

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fun, LOVE the inspiration by the design team and congrats to Deepti!

Deepti said...

Great inspiration :) and thank you Jen for the GD spot !!

Cris G. said...

Congratulations to all the winners of last challenge! And also to Deepti for being the Guest Designer of the current challenge!
This photo is a tricky one, at least for me. I will be waiting for the inspiration to come :). Love all your samples, really gorgeous flowers on your cards!

Grá O'Neill said...

Fabulous inspiration from the DT & love the combined challenge :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Fabulous inspiration! So pleased that you teamed up with CTS this week - I always love the RIC photos but can never seem to work out when the challenges end!